Available in Summer
Download Application Package here
This is a sample itinerary. Your actual itinerary will be assigned by ISE in accordance with the family stay community. Daily activities and sightseeing may vary.
DAY 1 DEPARTURE: : The day has finally arrived! Board your plane to start your memorable journey in Morocco.
DAYS 2 & 3 RABAT: At last you arrive in Casablanca! You will tour the city, visit the second biggest mosque in the world, Hassan II Mosque then visit Rabat, the capital of Morocco, and be a witness of the changing of the guards at the King’s residence. You will also visit the Mohamed V Mausoleum and the Roman ruins of Cellah.
DAY 4-6 FES: : Leave Rabat and on the way to Fes stop to the well preserved Roman ruins of Volubilis for a guided tour. Have a tour of the Granary, Gate of Thursday and souk in Meknes, visit the Barbary Apes in their natural habitat, have a guided study-tour of a Cedar Forest in the Mid Atlas Mountains. Upon arrival in Fes, have a guided tour of the city then enjoy a spice shop discussion. Visit a tannery, a carpet co-operative, a Berber pharmacy. Meet with school teachers. Enjoy lectures about "Women in Islam", "The Moroccan Culture & History in French Colonial Period” and "The Contrasts in Morocco".
DAYS 7 & 8 FAMILY STAY: Your famille in Fes is awaiting you! Spend two days in Moroccan style.
DAYS 9 MARRAKECH: Depart Fes for Marrakech and enjoy a visit to Jardin Majorelle.
DAYS 10 BOULAOUANE: Depart Marrakech for Boulaouane and spend the day in a Berber village for a memorable experience. You will cook with the Berber family and learn how to make a Moroccan mint tea.
DAY 11 ESSAOUIRA: On the way to the palm tree-dotted beach, you will stop to an Argan oil women co-operative, then choose if you want to take a camel ride.
DAYS 12-13 MARRAKECH: Take a tour of Marrakech and get lost in the labyrinth of small streets of the souk. Visit the square Djemaa el Fna, one of the busiest markets in Africa, bustling with acrobats, story-tellers, dancers and musicians. Enjoy a cooking class.
DAYS 14 CASABLANCA: Meet with French teachers at the French Institute. In the afternoon you will depart for Casablanca.
DAYS 15 RETURN: You won't want to leave, but your flight will take you home with many wonderful memories.
- French or English speaking guide depending on group
- Transportation in private motor coach (bus transfers to and from the airport as well as excursions)
- All overnight accommodations
- All meals
- Two-day family stay in Fes with all the meals included
- Guided Study Tour in a Cedar Forest (Mid Atlas Tour)
- A full day in a Berber village
- Entrance fees allowance to all monuments as listed on the itinerary
- Cooking lesson
- Visit at the French Institute in Marrakech
- City Tour of Casablanca
- City Tour of Meknes
- City Tour of Fes with private guides
- City Tour of Marrakech
- Meeting with school teachers in Fes
- Arabic language class
- Three lectures given by professors at the University of Fes: “Women in Islam”, “Moroccan Culture and History in French Colonial Period” & "Contrasts in Morocco
- Insurance (trip cancellation & medical) as specified here
- Graduate credits
- Small-group supplement
- Passport or other document costs
- Transportation to/from U.S. departure city
- Optional camel excursion on the beach in Essaouira
- Drinks and taxis
- Tips and gifts
Prices are based on a minimum group size of 10 participants. When the minimum group size is not reached, a small-group supplement will apply.